The sun was a brilliant luminous pink circle suspended in the sky this evening. The bus rolled to a halt at the traffic lights and I marveled at how utterly aloof and solemn the sun was against a hazy sky. It was almost poetic. I took a quick glance around, wondering if it had caught the attention of anyone else and was dismayed to see that a good majority were more preoccupied with the illuminated screen. Others were staring into space with vacant eyes and stony faces. And for the first time in a long while, I felt a bubbling urge grab the person nearest to me by the sides of his head and ask how, how, are you not seeing that?! The observation of all that...unawareness...left me feeling rather bereft and also more cognisant of my recent disinterest in a good many things.
Alas, the things that corporate life robs you of when you're not careful. I'm taking back my wonder.
No comments :
Post a Comment