British ties and other tell-tale attire

9 September 2015

aka how to tell if a dude works for the British Government.

"Hey, who's that over there, the guy with a plate of broccoli in his hand?" I ask a fellow whom I got acquainted with five minutes ago. My acquaintance is spiffily dressed - white button down with a tailored blazer, slightly tapered pants, and a streak of white across his fringe.

He glances over and shrugs, "I've no idea." Then he does a double take and his eyes look alarmed, "Would you just look at that shitty tie! He's British!" he proclaims in an half whisper. "That's a trademark huh?" I reply, amused.

He continues to assess the gentleman's attire with a sigh, "And he's wearing a blue shirt." Our gazes linger on the man in question as he continues to pick food from the buffet line. "Shitty blue tie with a blue shirt. Definitely works for the British Government. It's a dead giveaway," he concludes with a chuckle as he returns to his wine.


No comments :

Post a Comment